“This fix may need consumers to get their devices flashed at a service centre,” the company said. It is, however, unclear whether the fix would cause any data loss to the affected users.Xiaomi didn’t provide any clarity on which app is causing the issue to users. However, some users speculate that it came due to the Airtel Thanks app.Airtel Global CIO Harmeen Mehta in a tweet posted on Saturday underlined that the telco had worked with Xiaomi to find the cause and was preparing a fix. She also stated that a small tweak had already been provided in the Airtel Thanks app to temporarily resolve the problem.- Advertisement – Mi, Redmi, and Poco users are facing an issue that puts their phones into a bootloop, making them restart again and again. The problem, which appears to have impacted a large number of users, emerges after the phones receive an error that reads, “Find Device closed unexpectedly.” Although Xiaomi is investigating the issue, the company has noted in a statement that it emerged due to certain lines of code misbehaving during an app update. A fix has also been promised that the company said will reach affected users shortly.As per the user reports on social media, the phones running a MIUI 12.05 Global Stable ROM seem to have chiefly impacted due to the issue. The affected users aren’t able to make any changes from their end as the phones start rebooting in the loop. Some users also lost their data as they eventually had to reset their phones. @IndiaPOCO Hi Poco Team, Recently I bought poco x3 mobile, yesterday I got new update called MIUI 12.05 stable. After updating it. I’m facing an issue called “Find phone closed unexpectedly”. I can’t able use my mobile it continuously restarting if open the mobile.Please help me pic.twitter.com/9wDAJh1kpt— Deepak Kumar (@deepakbuzz) November 13, 2020- Advertisement – Having said that, there is no clarity on how the affected users would be able to fix the bootloop issue on their devices. Airtel, on its part, also didn’t provide any details on whether it would provide a resolution through a server-side update to the Airtel Thanks app as the issue isn’t apparently allowing the users to access the app or install any of its updates from Google Play.Is Redmi Note 9 the perfect successor to Redmi Note 8? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. The issue isn’t limited to a certain smartphone model and has been reported by a list of Mi, Redmi, and Poco devices, including the Mi 10T Pro, Mi 10, Redmi K20 Pro, Redmi Note 9, Redmi Note 7 Pro, and Poco X3, among others. Also, it isn’t likely to be limited to India as a user from Nigeria has also reported an identical problem on Twitter.Xiaomi acknowledged the issue in the statement to Gadgets 360 and said that it was due to an app update. The company also assured that an update would arrive by this week. Meanwhile, some “temporary containment measures” are already in place, according to Xiaomi.- Advertisement – @IndiaPOCO Hi Poco Team, Recently I bought poco x3 mobile, I got new update called MIUI 12.0.5 stable. After updating it. I’m facing an issue called “Find device closed unexpectedly”.I can’t able use my mobile it continuously restarting if open the mobile.@cmanmohan @s_anuj— suryaneni Venugopal (@SuryaneniV) November 16, 2020 – Advertisement –
TRANSNAMIB’S Windhoek workshops are currently rebuilding coaches for the Desert Express landcruise that is scheduled to be launched in April. Also available for private hire, the Desert Express will depart from Windhoek on a 21h round trip to Swakopmund on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays. With passengers eating and sleeping on the train, stops will be made for excursions into the Namib desert and to the Spitzkoppe mountains, timed to coincide with ’the most beautiful times of the day’ at sunrise and sunset.Air-conditioned throughout and fitted with large windows for experiencing the wide open spaces of the desert, the Desert Express will have four Spitzkoppe class sleeping cars, each with six en-suite three-berth compartments. Passengers will be able to contact on-board staff by telephone, and meals prepared in the bistro/bar coach will be available to passengers in their compartments.Sleeping car passengers will also have their own lounge and restaurant car, with Namibian, regional and international cuisine prepared on board and served in the 29-seat Welwitschia restaurant. Wildlife videos and background music will set the mood of the 29-seat lounge, furnished with a chess table inlaid with various types of desert sand.Starview class passengers will be accommodated in a coach with 35 reclining seats and a glass-panelled roof for viewing the night sky. Two showers, video entertainment and recorded music will be provided, and the bistro/bar coach will be open to Starview class passengers round the clock. o
The German regulator’s warning last year on the financial instability of Pensionskassen was “a wake-up call” to the sector, according to Götz Neumann, chairman of the board at the €2.5bn Pensionskasse for Wacker Chemie.Speaking at the Handelsblatt occupational pension fund conference in Berlin this month, Neumann described BaFin’s warning as tantamount to “a beneficial shock for some companies”.In May last year the regulator’s announcement that some of Germany’s 130 Pensionskassen were in poor financial health sent shock waves around the industry, with some accusing BaFin of scaremongering and causing uncertainty among pension savers.At the time, Frank Grund, head of the BaFin department overseeing Pensionskassen, highlighted the major impact that low interest rates had on pension vehicles with guarantees, warning that “without additional capital some Pensionskassen will no longer be able to operate at full capacity”. Wacker Chemie’s Neumann said at the conference: “We had to react spontaneously that afternoon to explain the situation to our members. So for us it was more of an irritation as we have a strong sponsor company with which we are in continuous talks about the financial situation.”However, he added that not all of his peers were that lucky, and that some companies or other plan sponsors “who had known about the crisis but did not take action”. Götz Neumann of Wacker Chemie’s Pensionskasse addresses the 2019 Handelsblatt occupational pensions conference“Many smaller Pensionskassen were able to take the BaFin’s warning to their sponsors to put pressure on them,” he said.At the end of last year, BaFin took the unprecedented step of closing the Caritas Pensionskasse to new business because of solvency issues. It subsequently confirmed that 54 Pensionskassen were under “close watch”.Since then, this number has come down to around 30, with some still having to report quarterly to the supervisor. Neumann said this reduction in Pensionskassen at an immediate risk could be in part because of BaFin’s warning.Meanwhile, Neumann also criticised the regulator’s approach to limits on allocations to so-called risky assets or illiquid investments.“We know better than the BaFin how asset allocation works and we could increase our returns if we had more leeway,” he argued.Neumann added that, with a strong sponsor backing the asset allocation, some Pensionskassen should “be given the chance to earn money on the market rather than the company having to issue cash injections”.
Californian Port of Oakland is anticipating a five-year run of record cargo volume beginning in 2018.By 2022, the port expects to handle the equivalent of 2.6 million 20-foot containers annually. The number would represent 8 percent more volume than the port has ever processed in a single year.The figures were unveiled in a Strategic Maritime Roadmap released by the Port of Oakland this month. The blueprint for the future foresees increased cargo volume arriving at Oakland on ships, which would be 35 percent larger within 15 years and capable of carrying up to 18,000 containers.“Northern California’s booming freight market will drive the growth,” the port said. New logistics capabilities, such as distribution centers and freight transfer facilities, should provide a further boost, it added.“We’re serving a thriving area and developing new services for our customers,” John Driscoll, Oakland’s Maritime Director, informed.The port’s Roadmap forecasts record volume of more than 2.4 million cargo containers in 2018, up from the current record of 2.39 million, set three years ago.
The ORVC Weekly Reports.ORVC Weekly Report (September 8-13)ORVC Weekly Report (September 15-20)Courtesy of ORVC Recorder Travis Calvert.
Greensburg, In. — Decatur County resident Cody Scudder has been sentenced to 23 years in the Decatur County Superior Court for dealing in methamphetamine with a firearm, battery, theft, escape and failure to register as a sex offender. Judge Matthew Bailey presided over the hearing.Decatur County Prosecutor Nate Harter said, “Over the course of the past several years, Mr. Scudder has been spiraling toward the point in which the criminal justice system would have to intervene in his life, for his sake and the sake of the community. I am pleased that he has taken responsibility for his choices, and I hope he takes treatment in the Department of Corrections seriously. Sentences like 23 years should be a message to those who peddle in poison in Decatur County.”
HAYS, Kan. (March 24) – Five IMCA divisions are on the program for both nights of RPM Speedway’s Friday and Saturday, March 28-29 Sunflower Classic.IMCA Xtreme Motor Sports Modifieds run for $1,000 to win in 2014 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot qualifiers.IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars chase $750 checks in Dirt Track Central Jax Sports Grille Great Plains Series shows. IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods vie for $500 top prizes while Mach-1 Sport Compacts run for $200 to win.Complete programs are scheduled and IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing national, regional and Allstar Performance state, but no local track points will be awarded both nights.Pit gates open at 2 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 5 p.m. both days. Hot laps are at 5:30 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m.Grandstand admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children ages 6-12 and free for five and under. Pit passes are $25 for adults and $10 for 10 and under.Entry fees are $60 for Modifieds, $50 for Stock Cars, $40 for Hobby Stocks and Northern SportMods, and $30 for Sport Compacts. Gates open at 2 p.m. and an open practice starts at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 27. Pit passes are $25 or $10 for kids and grandstand admission is free. Event sponsors are Xtreme Motor Sports and D & B Motors. More information about the second annual special is available by calling promoter Rod Bencken at 785 672-0123 and at the www.rpmspeedway.net website.
By Jeremy FoxOSKALOOSA, Iowa (April 22) – Dale Porter dominated Wednesday night’s headline event at Southern Iowa Speedway, the 20-lap Pepsi Cola IMCA Hobby Stock special presented by Southern Iowa Chassis.Porter grabbed the lead on lap one, just before the caution came out for several cars that got together in turn three. Porter did not let that get to him even though he had Nick Ulin and Dustin Griffiths right behind.Porter pulled away to win by a full straightaway over Ulin, who edged out Griffiths for second.Todd Shute was the Musco Lighting IMCA Modified main event winner. Damon Murty took the Budweiser IMCA Stock Car win despite a late race charge from Mike Hughes.Curtis VanDerWal was first to the KBOE Radio IMCA Northern SportMod checkers and Trent Orwig held off John Whalen to win the Mach-1 Sport Compact feature.Stock Cars and SportMods racing for extra cash thanks to Edel Lawn Care plus free front bumpers to Stock Car and Hobby Stock winners.
Bruce was widely credited with landing the pick of the transfer deadline day buys with Abel Hernandez, Mohamed Diame, Gaston Ramirez and on-loan Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa all arriving at the KC Stadium. But injuries and inconsistency have left Bruce’s men in the perilous position of needing to beat Manchester United on Sunday if they are to stand any chance of avoiding the drop – they must also rely on Newcastle to drop points against West Ham. Press Association Bruce said: “At the end of August when I looked at the squad I didn’t think we would be in this situation. There have been many reasons why but I don’t really want to make excuses – this isn’t the time for it. “We’ve had a tough four or five months with big players not being able to take part but we’ve got to take it on the chin and accept we haven’t been good enough. We’ve got one last chance to redeem ourselves.” Hull’s woes have largely coincided with the long absences suffered by striker Nikica Jelavic, who is now back from problematic knee surgery and aiming to hit the vital winner against the club Bruce graced as a player with such aplomb but has failed to beat in 21 managerial attempts. Despite a promising start Hernandez struggled to adapt to Premier League life, while Diame and Ramirez have suffered injuries and Ben Arfa’s undoubted talent belied an attitude problem which swiftly saw him shipped off elsewhere. The arrival of Dame N’Doye gave his side’s survival hopes a fillip with back-to-back wins over Crystal Palace and Liverpool but his threat has waned and Bruce has been left to bemoan his side’s fortunes in front of goal. He added: ” In training they whistle in the top corner and all the rest of it. I’ve always said any team you manage is only as good as your strikers. “We’ve missed Jelavic badly because when you look at when he’s in the team it shows you what might have happened. We haven’t scored enough goals. “You can practice all you like but it’s about when the big game turns up can you stick it in the net.” All of which leaves Bruce facing up to the prospect of the pain of relegation for the first time since he went down with Birmingham in 1996 – and he admits it is not a prospect he is looking forward to if things do not go the Tigers’ way on Sunday. He added: “The one thing you don’t want to be involved in is a relegation fight. It’s nice going the other way but coming out of the Premier League has horrible cuts on everyone. “People lose their jobs, their livelihood, everything is cut back to the bone. It’s an awful situation. That’s the worst thing, and you have to start all over again.” Hull’s form against the big clubs this season – beating Liverpool at home and taking points away at the Etihad Stadium and the Emirates – gives Bruce hope that he can fashion one last miracle and consign his boyhood heroes Newcastle to the drop instead. But he acknowledges he has endured a lot of disappointments since those bright days at the end of August when Europa League trips beckoned and few were predicting the Tigers would struggle to avoid the drop. Bruce added: ” There haven’t been many highs – it’s been a long difficult season for us for one reason or another “But hopefully our moment is about to come. It’s going to be tall order and we understand that but we know we’ve got a chance.” Hull boss Steve Bruce has admitted he never imagined the Tigers would be fighting for their Barclays Premier League lives after starting their campaign with arguably the strongest squad in the club’s history.
Oxford was among the Hammers’ most impressive players but as recently as Thursday Bilic’s lack of strength in depth was highlighted when the defeat of a weakened team selected away at Romania’s Astra Giurgiu ended their Europa League campaign. An ankle injury to one of last season’s loanees, Alex Song, has so far prevented him from returning to the club on a permanent basis. Should Barton agree personal terms to join West Ham he will be reunited with Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll, his former Newcastle team-mates. Barton and Carroll, notably, produced the finest form of their careers while playing together. The 32-year-old midfielder watched Aston Villa’s 1-0 victory at Bournemouth on Saturday, and said: “Judging by this game it won’t be long before I get a phone call from somebody (to sign for them). “The best player might be sitting in the stands this afternoon, even if I do say so myself.” Press Association West Ham are in talks to sign former QPR midfielder Joey Barton. Barton, a free agent following his release from the relegated Hoops, has been targeted to increase manager Slaven Bilic’s options in midfield. West Ham began their Barclays Premier League season with a surprise 2-0 victory at Arsenal on Sunday, when 16-year-old defensive midfielder Reece Oxford made his debut.