Dennis Rodman gets probation after DUI arrest in California

first_imgNueva Ecija warehouse making fake cigarettes raided, 29 Chinese workers nabbed Phivolcs records 2 ‘discrete weak ash explosions’ at Taal Volcano The Los Angeles Times says the 56-year-old was ordered to complete a nine-month alcohol program and pay $390 in fines.Rodman was arrested Jan. 13 in Newport Beach after being pulled over for a traffic violation. Police said he failed field sobriety and breath tests.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkHis attorney, Paul Meyer, said the sentence reflects Rodman’s commitment to treatment. Meyer said the Hall of Famer has accepted responsibility for his sobriety. Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Sea turtle trapped in net freed in Legazpi City MOST READ LATEST STORIES UK plans Brexit celebrations but warns businesses may suffercenter_img Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Mavericks’ Matthews likely out for season with leg fracture GALLERY: Barangay Ginebra back as PBA Governors’ Cup kings FILE – In this June 17, 2017, file photo, former NBA basketball player Dennis Rodman arrives at Beijing Capital International Airport in Beijing after a flight from Pyongyang. Rodman was sentenced to three years’ probation after pleading guilty to two misdemeanors stemming from a January DUI arrest in Southern California. Rodman pleaded guilty Monday, March 12, 2018, in Orange County to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol and one count of driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of .08 percent. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein, File)LOS ANGELES — Former NBA star Dennis Rodman was sentenced to three years’ probation after pleading guilty to two misdemeanors stemming from a January DUI arrest in California.Rodman pleaded guilty Monday in Orange County to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol and one count of driving with a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of .08 percent.ADVERTISEMENT View commentslast_img read more

Cantwell shifts game date, site

first_img 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! 2:15 p.m. Cantwell Sacred Heart of Mary’s football game against Daniel Murphy has been switched to Thursday night at St. Matthias High School. Daniel Murphy will be the home team. The game originally was scheduled to be played Friday night at St. Bernard High School. Cantwell is coming off last week’s season-opening, impressive 27-13 victory over defending Santa Fe League champion Salesian.last_img

‘Good win for Arsenal fans today’ – Gunners fans react to anti-Wenger protests

first_img Arsenal fans made their feelings about Arsene Wenger known 1 Arsenal recorded a run of the mill 1-0 win over Norwich City on Saturday evening, but the game was memorable for a different reason.The increasing frustration with Arsene Wenger came to the fore, as a number of fans held up banners and signs with an anti-Wenger message.It was not the entire stadium, with many fans still backing the Frenchman, but it is evident that support for Wenger is decreasing with every passing week.The protests were not missed by social media users, and we collect some of the best reactions below…last_img

BREAKING NEWS: JOANNE ‘GETS FIRED ON THE APPRENTICE’

first_imgDONEGAL business woman Joanne Sweeney-Burke announced tonight that she will get FIRED on the Apprentice on Monday.In a message posted on her Facebook page, the Downings woman said: “I’m sad to say I pack my bags this week.”Fans are already reacting in disbelief…with one posting: “Don’t you pack your bags every week.” Another fan Ciaran Nolan fumed: “NO WAY JOANNE… I am devastated, everyone is talking about you and how you deserve to win! Even lastnight at work when I said I was from Donegal people were asking did I know you an on about how you deserved to win! Bill is nothing but a tool..”Carol Mulhern just doesn’t believe it though, saying: “Don’t believe it for a second!!!! As if u’d be allowed to tell before the show airs on Monday nite.”And Kieran McGrath insisted: “this is a conspiracy to boost rating s joanne…….”Asked if she was leaving The Apprentice – or just comes close to getting fired, Joanne refused to comment. © 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.com BREAKING NEWS: JOANNE ‘GETS FIRED ON THE APPRENTICE’ was last modified: December 3rd, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Joanne Sweeney-BurkeThe ApprenticeTV3last_img read more

DDTV VIDEO: WHEN ‘THE HOMES OF DONEGAL’ IS PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE IN HOUSTON, TEXAS

first_imgIT’S one of Paul Brady’s finest songs – and it goes down well with crowds almost everywhere. And it was first made famous by our very own Bridie Gallagher.So when singer Keith Harkin sand his version of the ‘Homes of Donegal’ at a club in Houston, Texas, he brought the house down.Harkin, part of Celtic Thunder and also a solo artist, is on a tour of the States.Click, play, listen and enjoy. Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldaily DDTV VIDEO: WHEN ‘THE HOMES OF DONEGAL’ IS PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE IN HOUSTON, TEXAS was last modified: March 4th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DDTV VIDEO: WHEN ‘THE HOMES OF DONEGAL’ IS PLAYED TO A PACKED HOUSE IN HOUSTONTEXASlast_img read more

UCLA: Everett keeps eye on ball, not basket

first_img Against Washington, he turned a 5-yard hitch into a 39-yard gain in the closing minutes, using his quick feet and speed to juke a defender and race down the sideline to set up the Bruins’ winning score with 1:08 seconds to play. A week later, Everett displayed his soft hands and ability to make plays in traffic. His 38-yard catch between two California defenders put the Bruins in position for the winning score with 1:35 to play. And last week, Everett demonstrated his savvy. With his hands low so the officials could not easily see them, he gently pushed off to create separation from a Washington State defender, and leaped to snare quarterback Drew Olson’s 9-yard pass for the tying touchdown with 44 seconds left in regulation. The Bruins won in overtime. “I told you he’d be (a big-play guy),” UCLA offensive coordinator Tom Cable said with a smile. “I don’t care who it is. I’m just happy someone is doing it, and that we have the ability on this football to have a guy that’s done it a couple of times. Obviously, the confidence in his ability to do that is big for a quarterback.” Olson said having a receiver like Everett is a must. “He’s been making the big plays, the big catches down the stretch,” Olson said. “It’s not like I’m looking for him, but it’s great. You need it.” On the hardwood, Everett “is a Division I basketball player,” according to Howland. Everett was one of the top point guards in the West in high school, leading Chaminade to the state tournament, and receiving scholarship offers to play basketball. “But his heart is in football, and this is really his first year of getting some great experience playing all the time,” Dorrell said. “His potential is way up there. He’s just tapping into how good he’s going to be.” Everett impressed the football coaches in his first training camp, but a concussion curtailed his development. He made nine catches as a freshman, but he said he learned plenty from Bragg, Tab Perry and Junior Taylor. Again, as a sophomore, he was pushing Taylor, now a senior, for the starting split end spot, but a separated shoulder knocked him out for nearly a month. Everett returned Sept. 17 against Oklahoma, in a game Taylor suffered a season-ending knee injury, and quickly became one of Olson’s favorite targets. “Going back to Pop Warner and high school, there’s always been pressure on me to make big plays and help the team win,” Everett said. “That’s good pressure. I’m used to it.” Since returning, Everett is tied with tight end Marcedes Lewis for UCLA’s receiving lead. Everett has 19 catches for 241 yards, and is feeling confident enough in football to trade his spring practice cleats for high-top sneakers and some gym shorts. However Everett’s window of basketball opportunity might have closed. Dorrell said he would encourage Everett to stick exclusively with football. “As my coach (Homer Smith) used to tell me, ‘Karl, I’m always going to recruit somebody to beat you out,’ ” Dorrell said. “So that kind of kept me on my toes, and I kind of go by that philosophy as well.” And the basketball program, despite being banged up right now, has more depth than a year ago, Howland said. “It’s very difficult to come out in January for basketball after you’ve not done anything,” Howland said. “We’ve got two different press offenses, all the different plays and not knowing anything … he’s having such a good football year, and obviously, that’s where his future is.” Brian Dohn, (818) 713-3607 brian.dohn@dailynews.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWalnut’s Malik Khouzam voted Southern California Boys Athlete of the Week Point guard Cedric Bozeman already was out for the year and UCLA just learned reserve guard Janou Rubin’s knee injury would end his season. So in early January, after returning from a trip to the Oregon schools, basketball coach Ben Howland sought permission from football coach Karl Dorrell to call Marcus Everett, a freshman receiver, and invite him to join the hoops team. Everett, an outstanding point guard in high school, wanted to play basketball, but had other things on his mind, as well. The football team lost its all-time leading receiver, Craig Bragg, to graduation and needed to find a play-maker in the passing game. After consulting his family and Dorrell, Everett shunned hoops. “If I played basketball, I would have missed spring (football) practice,” said Everett, a product of Chaminade Prep in West Hills. “I thought I had to establish myself as a football player, first. I had to establish myself as a receiver on this team. I miss basketball so much and I wish I could play, but I have to look at the big picture.” Neither team can argue with Everett’s decision. The basketball team went to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in three years. In football, Everett, now a sophomore, has developed into UCLA’s most clutch receiver. “He thrives on pressure situations,” Dorrell said. “Like any good receiver who wants the ball in those types of situations, he’s one of those guys. He thrives on that. He’s always dreamed about being the kind of guy to make that kind of play.” Or, in Everett’s case, those kinds of plays. Look at UCLA’s past three wins – each coming from a double-digit fourth-quarter deficit – and Everett was a prominent figure. last_img read more

3 inmates escape from prison camp

first_img Charles F. Bostwick, (661) 267-5742 chuck.bostwick@dailynews.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORERose Parade grand marshal Rita Moreno talks New Year’s Day outfit and ‘West Side Story’ remake Camp 11, on the 8800 block of Soledad Canyon Road, holds state prison inmates convicted of nonviolent crimes, Lewis said. They are allowed out of the camp to fight wildfires and to do conservation projects as work crews. Matteo had been in prison since 2002 and had four years left to serve, prison records show. Soler, imprisoned for two years, had 20 months to serve. Ruiz, imprisoned since February 2004, had 14 months to serve. Matteo had been convicted in Orange County, Ruiz in Ventura County and Soler in Los Angeles County. Matteo, 37, was described as white and Latino, about 6 feet tall and 160 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes and tattoos on his back and arms. Ruiz, 25, was described as Latino, 5-foot-9 and 260 pounds, with brown hair and eyes with tattoos on his neck and the top of his head. Soler, 27, was described as Latino, 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, with brown hair and eyes and numerous tattoos on his neck, torso, arms, hands and legs. ACTON – Authorities are searching for three minimum-security inmates who escaped from a state prison fire camp. Authorities don’t know whether convicted burglar and forger Scott Matteo, extortionist Manuel Soler and Julian Ruiz, convicted of disregard for safety, are still in the area or were picked up by an accomplice after leaving the Soledad Canyon Road camp. “The search is ongoing for these guys,” California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokesman Lt. Ken Lewis said. “Every effort is being made to capture all three of these men.” The men were last seen about 8:50 p.m. Monday in living quarters at the camp, but were discovered missing during a head count at 10:30 p.m. Monday, Lewis said. last_img read more

SOS issued for cat owners after owner dies suddenly

first_imgDonegal charity Animals In Need are appealing for help in relocating a colony of 20 feral and semi-feral cats.The animals have suddenly found themselves homeless following the tragic death of the kind man who looked after them.The cats have all been neutered, are in excellent health and would like to be rehomed in pairs. An Animals In Need spokesperson said “We urgently need to relocate these cats. All they need is shelter, such as a barn or shed, some food and fresh water daily and someone to check they’re OK.’She continued “In return, they’ll provide excellent, environmentally friendly rodent control and are an asset to any farm, factory or country home.”If you can offer a roof over the heads of any of these cats, please contact the cat helpline on 0877644420.SOS issued for cat owners after owner dies suddenly was last modified: May 18th, 2018 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:animals in needcatsdeathdonegalhomelesslast_img read more

Pictures of Moville arson suspect released in garda probe

first_imgGardaí have released CCTV images of a suspect male following the arson attack at Caiseal Mara Hotel in November last year.The investigation continues into the attack on the hotel which was due to house up to 100 asylum seekers.A fire was started deliberately at Caiseal Mara at approx 4.50am on Sunday 25th November. The owner of the hotel was injured in the incident. CCTV captured one male suspect who used bottles of accelerant to set the hotel alight causing severe fire damage.CCTV footage from an Arson incident that occurred at “Caiseal Mara” Hotel, on Foyle Street on Sunday 25th November 2018 at approximately 4.50am.CCTV footage from an Arson incident that occurred at “Caiseal Mara” Hotel, on Foyle Street on Sunday 25th November 2018 at approximately 4.50am.Gardaí are renewing their appeal to anyone with information in relation to this arson incident to come forward.The public is being asked to examine the CCTV images in an effort to identify the suspect.If you have any information, please contact the incident room at Buncrana Garda Station on 074 93 20540, use the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda station.   Pictures of Moville arson suspect released in garda probe was last modified: April 15th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arsonCaiseal MaraCCTVmovillelast_img read more