The Election Committee of Judicial Council announced in a press release early Tuesday it is issuing a sanction to the Dugan-Pozas Garza ticket in response to multiple violations of the Judicial Council’s election regulations.The Dugan-Pozas Garza ticket is required to “cease all campaigning activity indefinitely” for the rest of its time in the election cycle, the release said. This includes, but is not limited to, the run-off election period and debate.The group determined juniors Michael Dugan and Ricardo Pozas Garza, candidates for student body president and vice president, respectively, violated Section 17.1(h) of the student body constitution, which reads: “Candidates may not be involved in or instruct others to engage in any unethical behavior as detailed in 17.1(i).”The committee also said the Dugan-Pozas Garza ticket violated Section 17.1(i) of the student body constitution, which states: “Candidates are expected to behave ethically at all times. Unethical behavior will be penalized by the Election Committee of Judicial Council.” Examples of such behavior include “covering or defaming other candidates’ posters, insulting or defaming other candidates and harassment or misconduct toward any election officials.”Tags: dugan-pozas garza ticket, Judicial Council, student government elections 2020
On next “Gardening in Georgia” (May 30 and June 2 on Georgia Public Television), host Walter Reeves will demonstrate how you can change French hydrangea blooms’ color with simple adjustments in the soil chemistry.Reeves will show, too, how to attract hummingbirds to your garden by placing feeders in your landscape. Four guests will also add greatly to this week’s show: Walter Reeves Wayne McLaurin discusses the best sweet potato varieties to plant in Georgia gardens. He’s a horticulturist with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.Jim Midcap, also a CAES horticulturist, describes Mt. Airy fothergilla. This colorful landscape plant was a 1994 Georgia Gold Medal Winner.Nina Eckberg is a Cobb County agent with the UGA Extension Service. She tells about the life cycle of the lady beetle, one of the more famous beneficial insects.And Jerry Robinson gives his keys to success in planting a bed of summer annuals. Robinson is a Master Gardener and a manager at the Georgia Experiment Station Research & Education Garden in Griffin, Ga. UGA CAES File Photo Wednesdays, Saturdays on GPTV”Gardening in Georgia” is produced by the CAES and GPTV specifically for gardeners in Georgia. It airs each Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. and again on Saturday at 12:30 p.m.
Poland planning to build solar, wind capacity at Bełchatów, Europe’s largest coal plant FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Platts:Poland’s largest utility PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna SA plans to develop solar and onshore wind capacity, as well as an incineration plant, on the site of its 4.93-GW lignite-fired Bełchatów plant, as the company seeks to meet its goal of becoming a zero-emission entity by 2050, Deputy CEO Ryszard Wasiłek said Nov. 3.Poland had proposed the Bełchatów region to the EU as one that should benefit from the bloc’s funds as it transitions away from coal-fired generation, Wasiłek said.“Without waiting for this decision, we have recently launched a project related to Bełchatów. There are three topics in the program. We’re identifying the possibility of about 460 MW of [solar] that can be built in Bełchatów. There is a lot of land that can be used for the construction of [solar] installations. We are also thinking of building an incineration plant in Bełchatów,” he said.“This is an additional several dozen megawatts of electricity and heat capacity. We think that between 30 MW to 50 MW of new onshore wind capacity can be built in Bełchatów and Góry Kamieńsk,” he added.Last month, PGE announced a strategy to have 50% of its generation from renewables sources by 2030, up from just 4.4% in the first half of this year. Bełchatów’s lignite feedstock will be exhausted during the next 10 years unless the company decides to exploit new reserves some 60 km away in Złoczew, which management regards as unprofitable given EU climate policy.PGE plans to spin off its conventional assets to a separate state-owned company next year to enable it to access financing for large offshore wind and PV projects. If Poland’s other two state-controlled utilities, Enea SA and TAURON Polska Energia SA, also spin off their conventional assets, PGE favors a merger of the three companies.[Adam Easton]More: Poland’s PGE develops renewables plan at site of Europe’s biggest coal plant
– Advertisement –
European Commission Vice-President Valdis Dombrovskis said Tuesday the EU may need a 1.5-trillion euro ($1.6 trillion) economic recovery fund following the coronavirus pandemic, but the financing of such joint spending remains murky.”I could imagine that kind of level of financing,” Dombrovskis told German business daily Handelsblatt when asked about the 1.5 trillion figure, although “so far nothing is decided”.Finance ministers from the 19 euro single currency nations last week agreed a package worth over 500 billion euros to cushion the immediate impact of the virus. EU leaders will hold a videoconference on April 23 “to lay the ground for a robust economic recovery,” European Council President Charles Michel said last week.The idea of a coronavirus recovery fund has been brought up by many leading EU figures, with French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire proposing 500 billion euros.Meanwhile Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton on Sunday suggested 10 percent of EU output would be needed, calling for one trillion euros on top of the 500 billion already agreed, the same amount urged by Italy’s Finance Minister Roberto Gualtieri.Asked about joint bonds to finance reconstruction, Dombrovskis told Handelsblatt that “we expect the question to be on the table” at the April 23 heads of government meeting.The Commission is “working on new financing instruments” beyond national contributions that usually flow into the EU’s seven-year budgets, Dombrovskis told Handelsblatt.”We could finance the reconstruction fund with bonds backed by a guarantee from the member states.”More heavily indebted southern countries, like Italy and Spain, see so-called “coronabonds” or “eurobonds” as a way to borrow the money needed at more reasonable interest rates than they could get if they went direct to the markets themselves.But northern countries like Germany and the Netherlands fear ending up on the hook for bills run up by neighbors they see as lax with their money and budgets.”We must be clear with ourselves that we are in an unprecedented crisis,” Dombrovskis said Tuesday.”It’s becoming necessary to break out of old patterns of thought.” Topics : The toolbox includes loans from the financial-crisis-era European Stability Mechanism (ESM) but without the tough economic and fiscal reform conditions normally involved.The ESM is flanked by guarantees for business lending from the European Investment Bank and a eurozone unemployment reinsurance scheme.But after a war of words lasting several weeks, the finance chiefs could not agree on so-called “coronabonds”, joint debt instruments to finance recovery from the crisis urged by EU members such as badly hit Italy.While the focus so far has been on footing the health bill for the virus pandemic and shielding businesses and workers from the financial fallout, politicians are already eyeing the day after the crisis.
Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi has claimed that the central government increased its COVID-19 testing capacity to 12,000 per day, showing a wide discrepancy with the data provided by the Health Ministry.“The capacity of active laboratories to conduct tests has significantly increased. The capacity of testing has increased up to 12,000 per day. I repeat, the capacity of testing has increased up to 12,000 per day,” Retno said at a press conference on Thursday.Retno said she received the data from the COVID-19 task force, which is led by National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) head Doni Monardo, who was not immediately available for comment when contacted by The Jakarta Post on Thursday.The Health Ministry reported that from April 1 until Thursday, Indonesia had tested 48,647 people in 43 laboratories, with a total of 59,935 specimens, with some people having been tested several times using different types of specimens.The data, however, showed an increase of only 1,286 people from the cumulative number of 47,361 tested as of Wednesday, or an increase of 4,203 specimens from a total 55,732 as of the previous day.The Health Ministry’s daily reports have also shown that Indonesia has been testing only about 1,000 to 2,000 new samples per day over the past weeks, with an exception of 7,111 samples on April 12.Read also: With limited testing capability, Indonesia may battle COVID-19 blindfoldedAlthough Retno did not clarify whether the number was related to polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or rapid testing, the Health Ministry later confirmed that the central government had only been collecting the data on PCR tests.“The provincial governments have the authority to conduct and record the rapid tests. We don’t calculate rapid tests because we don’t report them to the World Health Organization,” the ministry’s disease control and prevention director general, Achmad Yurianto, told the Post.Yurianto claimed he was not aware of Retno’s report at the press conference, saying that he would check her statement before giving further response.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo previously called for 10,000 PCR tests per day, especially in the epicenter regions of the outbreak, to give clearer data on cases in the country. The government has also targeted conducting 12,000 to 15,000 rapid tests per day, nationwide.Experts have attributed low testing capacity to the high death rate from COVID-19 in Indonesia, while some suspect some had died without being tested or while waiting for test results to become available. Jakarta has buried 1,000 people according to COVID-19 health protocols as laboratories battle a backlog in testing for people under monitoring (ODP) and patients under surveillance (PDP).Topics :
A huge crowd turned out for last year’s The Event. Picture: Glenn HampsonRWSP CEO Andrew Bell said The Event was leveraging off a busy holiday period on the Gold Coast and rising enthusiasm for the Commonwealth Games.“Our team is particularly excited this year and this is being reflected across the board by the inquiries and feedback we have been receiving for The Event,” Mr Bell said.“The interstate visitors holidaying on the Gold Coast are showing a great deal of confidence and have nothing but positive comments about the Gold Coast.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach Northless than 1 hour ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa20 hours ago“They understand that the city has gone beyond its rollercoaster days in property and that it has entered a new era.”The Event, held in conjunction with the Home & Living Expo, is being staged at Royal Pines Resort for the first time.It was previously held at the Gold Coast Turf Club Event Centre at Bundall.Mr Bell said this year’s program included a range of properties from one-bedroom apartments to acreage homesteads and waterfront mansions. Properties set to go under the hammer include: * 2402/3440 Surfers Paradise Blvd, Surfers Paradise, a one-bedroom apartment in Rhapsody Resort.* 2441/23 Ferny Ave, Surfers Paradise, a three-bedroom apartment in Chevron Renaissance.* 2 Glenmore Drive, Ashmore, a four-bedroom home that would suit a growing family.* 34 Gibraltar Drive, Isle of Capri, a five-bedroom waterfront home made for entertaining.* 18 Clipper Court, Biggera Waters, a five-bedroom home.* 7065 Riverview Crescent, Sanctuary Cove, a five-bedroom, seven-bathroom home. Ray White Surfers Paradise Group CEO Andrew Bell in action at last year’s The Event. Picture: Glenn HampsonPROPERTY worth millions of dollars goes under the hammer on the Gold Coast this month at Australia’s biggest in-room auction, The Event.Ray White Surfers Paradise Group (RWSP) has been fielding a raft of buyer inquiries in preparation for its annual auction program, with more than 100 properties going to auction on January 28.
Rising project cargo traffic is set to push multipurpose and heavylift shipping rates up during 2019, but prospects thereafter are muted by an expected slowdown in world trade.According to the shipping consultancy Drewry, the uncertainty surrounding trade demand is receding slightly as the US and China appear to be moving toward some kind of a truce.However, at the same time the global economic outlook has deteriorated and continued uncertainty in Europe due to Brexit suggests that multipurpose shipping is not out of the woods yet.The addressable demand for the multipurpose vessel (MPV) fleet is looking at an average annual growth of 1.2% to 2023, according to Drewry. This is, however, much stronger in the short term, at 3.8% in 2019 and 1.4% in 2020. As the global economy is expected to slow down after 2020, increased competition for cargo will eat into market share.It is also the case that the project market is expected to be strong in 2019 as it was boosted by the rise in oil prices through the first half of 2018. However, over the longer term oil prices are expected to average under USD 70 per barrel and this will limit new project investments.On the other side of the supply/demand balance is the multipurpose and heavylift fleet. The number of vessels with lift capacity of less than 100t SWL is in decline and this trend is expected to continue for the foreseeable future with contraction of almost 3% pa to 2023.Meanwhile, the project carrier fleet with lift over 100t SWL is growing at a rate of around 2% per year as most of the newbuildings being delivered and on order are in this category. The combination of the two sectors leads to a net contraction of about 0.2% pa to 2023 in total MPV supply, Drewry concluded.
Batesville Superintendent Dr. Jim Roberts and Batesville Tool & Die President Jody Fledderman featured on Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick.Update (June 7 @ 5:20 a.m.)A local school and business partnership was the focus of a television segment Sunday on Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick.Batesville Community School Corporation Superintendent Jim Roberts and Tool & Die President and CEO Jody Fledderman discussed the venture that’s gaining statewide attention.The program prepares high school students for a career in Advanced Manufacturing. Upon completion of the 2-year program, a student could nearly gain an associate’s degree through Ivy Tech by the time of high school graduation.If you missed the television segment Sunday it is not too late as you can watch it here >>First Report (June 6 @ 6:30 a.m.)The partnership between Batesville High School, Ivy Tech and local companies is getting more attention statewide.Batesville Schools Superintendent Dr. Jim Roberts and Jody Fledderman, president and chief executive officer of Batesville Tool & Die, will appear on Inside Indiana Business with Gerry Dick.The program will air on WTHR Channel 13 at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 8.The focus will be on the mentorship and career opportunities offered to high school students through the school and business partnership.Students that take part in the program have an opportunity to gain a Core 40 High School Diploma, earn post-secondary credits toward an Ivy Tech Associate’s Degree, and get “on the job” technical training.Area businesses currently partnering with BHS and Ivy Tech include Batesville Tool & Die, Hillenbrand, Inc., Hill-Rom, Heartwood Manufacturing, and Virtus, Inc.
Class 1A-Sectional 60 @ Southwestern ShelbyTuesday (2-26)Rising Sun vs. Morristown.Wednesday (2-27)Jac-Cen-Del vs. OldenburgHauser vs. Waldron.Friday (3-1)Southwestern Shelby vs. Tuesday’s Winner.Wednesday’s Winners.Saturday (3-2)Championship.Class 2A-Sectional 45 @ South RipleyTuesday (2-26)South Decatur vs. Milan.Switzerland County vs. Southwestern Hanover.Friday (3-1)North Decatur vs. Tuesday’s Game 1 Winner.South Ripley vs. Tuesday’s Game 2 Winner.Saturday (3-2): Championship.Class 3A-Sectional 29 @ GreensburgTuesday (2-26)Madison vs. Greensburg.Wednesday (2-27)Rushville vs. LawrenceburgBatesville vs. Franklin County.Friday (3-1)South Dearborn vs. Tuesday’s Winner.Wednesday’s Winners.Saturday (3-2): Championship.Class 4A-Sectional 14 @ Columbus NorthTuesday (2-26)Bloomington North vs. Columbus East.Columbus North vs. Shelbyville.Friday (3-1)Bloomington South vs. Tuesday’s Game 1 Winner.East Central vs. Tuesday’s Game 2 Winner.Saturday (3-2): Championship. Four hundred (400) teams were drawn and placed into brackets for the 109th Annual IHSAA Boys Basketball State Tournament presented by the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever.Sectional games are scheduled to begin Tuesday, February 26, and run through Saturday, March 2, with the regional round slated for March 9 and semi-states on March 16. The four state championship games that make up the state finals will be played at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Saturday, March 23. 021719.BBBPairings